Monday, January 4, 2010

New Assistant Organizer of Dance San Francisco's Meetup.com

OMG! So excited, I got asked by the organizer of Dance San Francisco to become an Assistant Organizer of their Meetup. Vikas the organizer liked my suggestion of the Wednesday tango, and said I could arrange it. Thus I will! I already posted a meet up for this Wednesday and one for next. This will help keep me on my tango goal. I am so excited to be doing this. Here is the link, come join us: http://www.meetup.com/DanceSanFrancisco/calendar/12221281/

Meetup.com info pasted below:

At 8:10pm to 9:05pm beginner & intermediate classes taught concurrently! From 9:05pm to 12:00am a Milonga. There is a door Fee: $10 for both the class and milonga or $5 for the milonga only.

This is a great deal for an hour lesson and three hours of practice with a table of snacks and water provided, great as you get hungry and want to talk and mingle. Everything here is volunteered and part of the Project Tango which is a Non profit... over time I might also try to pitch in and bring food. More info below.

The Cellspace alternative Milonga is an effort to balance out the wonderful classic tango events throughout SF and the Bay Area with a progressive community endeavor. This is a Project Tango non-profit community effort (started July 9th, 2003). Checkout the CELLspace DJ page for more info on alternative dj'ing & music! We are developing a pool of alternative DJ's. From time to time we also put on special theme nights and have performances of various art forms (not just tango)!

No comments:

Post a Comment