Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cut with Care

Hair is seriously important and a bad cut stays with you for a long time. Girls can not get away from a bad haircut as easily as guys can. If everything goes wrong with a guy they can shave their head and within a month they already look pretty darn normal. If a girl messes up her hair up it hurts.

This is something I know and have had a couple experiences with. After all some bad hair experiences are our own ideas. For instance, I have made two really bad blunders in my life. The first is when I was a toddler. Just try talking a two year old out of a Beetle bowl cut. Let's say I got teased merciless.

Then a couple of years later when I finally let people cut my hair more than a trim the women put stairs in it! Of course this was not my blunder it was her's. Regardless, the cut before my birthday party I was turning like 6-7. Imagine Mom trying to even my hair out in the tub, before everyone gets there. Hmm, this might be where the downward birthday party spiral started but that's another story.

So years go by with just trims and being crazy protective over my hair and I finally get the nerve to do a major cut. Naturally another one being inspired by a musician. At this time I was getting ready to go into 6th grade and decide that I have had enough of my hair. It was long enough to sit on and just always a pain. So when I heard of "Locks for Love" I decided to do it. At this time I am listening to Toni Braxton like crazy, and decided to try her style.

Love Toni, loved the look for the first week or so. Yet then it started to grow out, and I kept cutting it at first, but that got old too. Who wants to get their hair cut every two to three weeks, I sure as heck didn't. Thus the grow out process had to be started and sure did bite. By the start of High School it started to look normal again and even good? Yet a lesson I never forgot.

Unfortunately for me I ran into a hairdresser who, while going to him for two years at the U. Oregon. Seemed to loose his mind for a day? I wanted a simple layer framing cut that would grow out nicely for my study abroad and Euro Trip. Yea a simple haircut when to hell and suddenly I ended a cut to compete with the grow out. Remember those 80's movies? You know the one's with the soccer Mom's and their helmet hair... yea this plus bangs and a mullet. It was traumatic and I am getting ready to go to Europe. DISASTER! I have to go running to another hairdresser who thinks this is the worst cut she has seen in 25 years. Great... HELP!

Suffices to say a haircut is important. I have found a great salon that holds a cutting class on Tuesdays only $20. I go to this girl name Jack and she rocks, this is the second time she has cut my hair and I am in love. All the length none of the weight it it is great! The last cut grew in so nicely and I am looking forward to seeing this one evolve too.

I highly recommend them and her. So here is there info: 3012 Fillmore Street San Francisco, CA 94123-4010 - (415) 674-4444 Open Tue-Fri 10am-8pm; Sat 10am-7pm; Sun 10am-6pm

No comments:

Post a Comment