Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life is the ultimate video game

I get how easy it is to let the world get you down, specially when in crappy weather and an even worse economy. People start to see things as half full, which is the worst time to allow yourself to get defeated. You get fired, you break up, you have a bad week in school... what ever it is the negative will suck you in. Misery loves company, but your inner self can choose to be happy.

I have one friend who is lost in the past, the what might have happened and what if's. They are drowning in things that they cannot change, my only advice is focus on the future and things you can change. Set goals for yourself and give yourself something to do other than wallow. Find things and people that make you happy and surround yourself with them. Sitting alone inside ones head when it is in a negative mindset does no good. Reach out, find things that will bring the light in.

I know all about wanting to wallow, sob and fall into the negative feelings we all have. Yet I have a choice, I can choose to thing and focus my energy on these thoughts that lead me to a bad place (NOT A REAL CHOICE) or I can choose to focus on things that are positive and make me happy. I am not saying its not good to cry or get frustrated and let it out, it is. Yet at some point you got to reach into yourself and pull out this inner resolve to just push it aside and get on with it.

What do I mean by this, well for me it's focusing on school, tango, my list of things, the gym and friends. I know a couple of friends that have gotten fired and are desperate to find another thing. I wish they would see the opportunities they have, to go back to school and push through it quickly or like on of my friends to move. I hope she see that opportunity for the gold it is, as there is only one life and living it is more important than watching it.

I love to people watch, but I wouldn't want to watch my life pass me by. Don't think I am morbid but if I died tomorrow (probably at the hands of MUNI), did I have a good full life and did I live it? I know many of my friends who love to play video games, which is fine, a good form of relaxation. Yet they will tell me stories of: what they were doing, how they trained and developed their character, how hard they had to work to find X, the crazy places they saw and adventures and things their characters did in the game. These sound like great, fun, life living adventures... accept they are all virtual and my friend in real life has never left the computer. They put more work into the characters quality of living than their own, and isn't life the ultimate video game? I mean yes it is easy to get educated, travel, train and anything you want in a video game than it is in real life well with the exception of Wii Fit maybe.

1. What are the top three most adventurous things you've done?
a. Cut all my hair off to a boy cut in 6th grade
b. Ditch my friends to go to Ankor Wat, Cambodia by myself... story about taxi jumping and a lot of random crazy life moments. Or any of my travels really
c. Let's just say stupid motorcycle moment.

How would you answer those questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment