Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Past Tahoe Trip

As I'm on the route up again I realize I didn't tell you about last time. So here it is quickly.
The drive up while companionship was a blast, the drive was awful! The rain and bad traffic then the chains and all that hassle. We left at 7am and got up to Tahoe at 3pm. We couldn't go boarding on Saturday.


Instead we played in the snow, had a mini fight and made and angel or two. Also practiced balance on the board then went to the room. The A's brought back food and that was it, with my bottle of wine we killed the night off early to go boarding the next day.


Unbeknown to us it snowed all the night! Tahoe was covered. We go up to Northstar in a flash and its just kept snowing harder. We go up the mountain and I'm trying to teach Mr.A a bit but its nigh impossible. We keep trying and the powder is burying us up to our knees. I lost him for a bit, lapped him I guess then went back up.

I was not lucky the second time around and then got stuck in the snow. I mean STUCK! There is powder to my knees and its all around me. I can't see my board or anything. I try to move.. HA! I finally end up doing somersaults to get out. You know what I mean, jumping forward and trying to flip my board out of the snow and move a little bit. This worked the best.

Found Mr. A, we went down and he is doing well. The snow is ridiculous and just dumping. I mean I like powder but not this much. In the end we were worried about getting home so we left early. We were right to worry.

The 80 is closed! OMG! Freak out right? The other car with all the A's waited for a while then heard that 50 was open and tried to go for it. Me and Mr. A decided to wait it out and get real food. We hung out at this great place called Zano's and killed two hours. The word got out that the 80 was open and we were running for the car. From then on once we got out of the chains it was pretty breezy.

This trip kinda sucked on the boarding side and even stressing side, but the company; the crew of A's... FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment