Friday, April 15, 2011

Tahoe one day

The sun is not even up but I am and its ungodly. Mr. A is used to it so does not think its as evil. All I do is glare at the world and repeat Tahoe in my head to answer why I am up.
Less than half an hour goes by and I am at the A's house in the mission. We are waiting for the ride to show up and half an hour after they did. Who cares about being a tad late when you show up in a cushy Escalade. Sweet! The thing had a carry pack for our boards.
Once in the car, everyone is comfy. There is way leg room and I'm thanking myself for bring the blanket as its chilly. Moments later we hear a whistle. Its the snowboard pact! If we hit 80 it starts to make sounds. The damn thing tells you when your speeding.
Suddenly it was 4 hours later and we were at Northstar. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Within the hour we were at the top of the mountain and it was perfect. I mean the best conditions ever! The snow was crunchy and soft, plus the weather warm.
Ms.A and I did some warm up runs and stopped to get me a snack. I was starving. We went for something real but she was too in her head. So after a while we went to get lunch and I had her share a Snuggler. The peppermint schnapps hot coco did the trick.
Then she was carving it up or so I heard. Sadly I got separated from the group cause I lost something on the lift. I went to look for it and and thus boarded on my own for a while. It was still a blast. I managed to talk to Mr. A while boarding! It was rather fun to be on the phone and board!
Then after I took my last run and waited for the group, I hit the Chocolate Bar. Got myself a glass of wine, had a few kids (must have been 22ish) try and pick up on me. I laughed it off picked up some boarding tips and went straight to the fireplace, to drink my wine and call my bf Mr.A the guy I wanted to talk to. Enjoyed the wine and had a good convo while I waited for the crew.
The drive back was just as quick and easy. My sweetheart decided to be one and brought me a real dinner. Not to mention help me get home with my gear easily. After it was food and crash time. A great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment