Sunday, February 28, 2010

Frozen Grand Central's SF Homage

If you remember I decided to pay homage to Frozen Grand Central Station, here in my own lovely city of San Francisco. I mean if we have a pillow fight that last for hours then we are crazy enough to freeze for five minuets. So I decided to organize one its the Frozen SF: Powell Station. If you do not know what I am talking about in regards to my homage watch this YouTube video:


Somehow I have not wrote in here about this event.. maybe because it was in March I don't know, but I should have. So let me give you the quick low down. We will freeze for 5 minutes & then disperse.


WHAT: Frozen SF: Powell Station

WHEN: Thursday March 4th, 2010 at 5:30PM

WHERE: Powell & Market, Powell Cable turn-around, Powell Plaza, & of course Powell BART Station

SYNC: Via cell phone alarms & http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

So for more in depth info and as you can tell... Frozen SF: Powell Station is THIS THURSDAY at 5:30PM. It started with just a posting asking if anyone else loved the above YouTube video. Which got a huge response, so I said lets set a time and I did! Just like that I created a Facebook event for it and invited all my friends About 200 people. (http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=232249449636&ref=ts). I also posted the information on Urban Prankster, a ning site for Improve Everwhere for people to find it. (http://improveverywhere.ning.com/group/sanfrancisco/forum/topics/freeze-8). After that I left it alone and kinda forgot about the event.

People asked me why Powell/Market - Powell Station... and the reasons for this is that we have many spots in which to be. We can be on the streets/sidewalks of Market and Powell, Powell Station Cable turn-around, Powell Plaza, & of course Powell BART Station. Plus there are many areas in which the event can be filmed/documented. This is from the San Francisco Center to with in BART Station there are many areas that will already be filming and where tourist and locals will run it to it.

Now I was going to be happy if we had 200 people interested in it, but well the reaction has been huge. We have ton’s of people interested in the event, actually over 1,000 people on Facebook who have RSVPed Yes and over 1,000 Maybe's. OMG! There are about 50 comments and if they all show up with someone, and if 10% of the RSVP's showed up then I am going to so excited.

I decided that I will mostly likely will be near the top of the stairs so I can see in many directions. I have heard many people interested are documenting this and if you are one, I would love to have different accounts & versions. Also be smart, protect your valuables & beware of pickpockets as we are FROZEN. How we are going to do this is with our lovely cell phones, please set an alarm for 5:30pm & for 5:35pm. Want to check your time go to: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/.

WHAT: Frozen SF: Powell Station

WHEN: Thursday March 4th, 2010 at 5:30PM

WHERE: Powell & Market

Powell Station Cable turn-around, Powell Plaza, & of course Powell BART Station

SYNC: Via cell phone alarms & http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

Now it is all about seeing what really happens and who actually shows up. Either way I am having a blast organizing this and watching it spread to so many people. The fact that something I have created has reached over 1,000 people is incredible. Social media seriously rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment