Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Aftermath of ATVing at Pismo

If you read my last post, that was done before leaving... you will know that it was 5 AM when my girl Ms. R showed up, I sooo should have slept in more. Which I did in the car and Yes, my sunglasses helped shade the rising sun. Closer to our destination with Ms. J getting food, we made a quick stop and grabbed our hot drinks then it was off.With food in our tummy's and having met up with the rest of the group we were off. Or more we were sleeping soundly as poor Ms.R stuck at the wheel being an angel. She is just singing to humming along with her easy going music all of which helps lull the two of us non-morning people dead asleep. So when I do finally wake up this is my view and yes the sign says Pismo Beach. Sweet we are here and I slept the whole way!
Well, image Mr. S surprise when the trip took like 2.5 hours and we are there. With too much time on our hands before the ATV adventure is suppose to start. We decided to go ahead and set up camp. OK it is car camping, and the camping is debatable even, but that will unfold later. I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was to set up my tent, I really never do this so how the heck. Well it's not rocket science, basically create the long poles and stick em through.Once camp was set up we went down to the ATV rental and signed the forms and lucky for me I had given them my card ahead of time, cause I was an idiot at 430am and forgot my wallet. Luckily you don't need it to camp.
We stopped and grabbed a picture of the whole group before heading to the beach to meet our driver and grab our bikes.
It is amazing, to see the sun out, the sand dry and know the weather was supposed to be gray and raining all weekend. Sweet the weather was on our side. As we get our instructions on how to ride the ATV, switch gears and all that fun stuff.It was very important that they gave us tips and tricks to the lay of the land. The biggest thing they always said and even a sign said it: We are off! The whole group ready to ride.Who would have known that riding around in the sand would be so much fun.We raced, we followed the leader, we zigged and zagged all around.
Would stop for a sun break, enjoy nature all around us. Take shots of each other and enjoy the kites.
While it is a lot of fun you really do have to be careful, I fell off once and knew I was not gonna make it so I jumped. Regardless if sand is soft and nice, just like snow it hurts when you land. Oh well, life is rough and you get a few bruises along the way. There was a worse fall and one of the group actually got a bit hurt but lets leave that out of the mix a bit... specially since he was a trooper and didn't let it stop the fun or phase him.
I had a great time with my girls and meeting some pretty damn new people. Everyone was just out to have a good time and be adventurous. Thus we are done and ready to go back to the real world, that is well Pismo Beach. This really cute town. With a lovely Pier and a good bit of wind. Brrr.While peeking in windows after eating lunch, we ran into this window of chocolate bugs. I am not kidding they dipped insects and other creatures in chocolate. Why would anyone disgrace such a delicious sweet.. I don't know.
The boys of course saw this and had to try it, thus they ate the scorpions. Eww. Again I say a really cute, well maintained town. It is so quaint and homey.
If you remember my saying that it is windy and cold and well our fire took a bit to get going. So while we waited we piled into the car and just chilled. We did this while our Iron Chef made us food and we of course wanted more and were craving pizza. Pizza really?Yes, we decided to order pizza. Is it really camping if you get pizza delivered? Probably not but who cares! We were Papa John's first campsite delivery. We got to pizza's and kept them a bit warm on the fire. Then let the fire eat the boxes. Is it camping ? So debatable.
After dinner, which we had more good food as we found we had our own Iron Chef in S... Damn is he a good cook! That steak was just perfect and after which we decided it was time for smores. So out came the marshmallows.Soon everyone had a smore or three and everyone is stuff. Conversations, cards and jokes fill the night. The wind howled and we all bundled up, ok well I was always bundle but that's me.
Then as the fire died we all crawled into our tents, fell asleep and got rained on. Well the rain did come but not till after we were safe inside our tents. Naturally we woke up early, realized how wet the earth was and got our behinds out of there and back home. A fun little trip.

1 comment:

  1. Natasha,

    You are the best story teller of all time...hihiii
    Thanks for attended our event. I am looking forward to see you guys soon.

    Steven
    MSG-Organizer

    ReplyDelete