Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weird SF: Dumb Tourist to RIP on 11th

So today has been a weird day. I god stuff done at home and started to feel better. I headed out to run errands and hopped on MUNI. Well all is going well, switch busses and grab the 47. I don't love this route as its usually filled with crazied. Sure enough I get one, this time not a local a tourist. She is telling her friend that they are going to get off at the capital building. I pause her to honestly help and set her right. Tell her, "No it's SF's City Hall, the capital is in Sac." She proceeds to argue with me. I start to argue, say, "No I know you'd think it was a major city if not SF then LA, but trust me it isn't." She argues with a guide book in hand mind you and her friend is obviously from out of the country she might not be... after a minuet I just don't want to argue about well... something so stupid. In the end, I just said (very proud of myself for not arguing) " You know, you're right. I just live here."

Not even ten minuets later, well shocked and just made me think OMG. The bus pulls up to its stop on 11th and Mission and there are cops everywhere. As we continue to pull in it becomes evident that something terrible has happened. The next thing we view is an ambulance and a man lying on the street, obviously dead, with a plastic bag over his head. There is a crowd around him everyone shocked. I was too, just horrified that something like this could happen in broad daylight right by my Mom's old work place. I know this place well!

I continue on my day, call my friend to calm down. Go do errands and make a few stops. Caught with a cold in the rain is not a fun place to be, specially not in SF winds. The darn winds kept flipping poor Ms.J's sick red umbrella back and forth. Soon the darn thing was twisted and broken and sadly unusable. GRR I liked it, went with my red jacket and from Ms.J.

So not its on to class, for a girl who is not feeling well and kinda sick... What a weird day. Now its class and I just wanna relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment