Thursday, January 20, 2011

How to zip a difficult dress

I figured it out! I have this incredible dress that I couldn't zip by myself. It was a pain, having to ask someone to zip me up and then of course a good bit awkward to unzip me. Really, I don't have a house guest all the time to do this for me. Granted waiting is an option but really when it fits so well, wouldn't you want to wait either.

Well so one trick I figured out was that if the zipper has a hole that you can put a hanger through. Then you just pull on the hanger as you sit on the dress. This will help get the zipper to a spot that you can reach!

Other than that you have to get good at holding spots of the dress together (or sit with an open back chair/couch) and zipping with the other hand (reaching through the chair/couch). Which is the best way to unzip it as the hanger doesn't work that way easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment