Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First week started right

This year has started off interestingly, truly. I was one moment behind the bus and watched it pull away. Not wanting to start of the year poorly I just sucked it up and hailed the cab driving by. After settling in and starting to shut my eyes wanting to relax, which I can't cause the driver is chatting up a storm. Normally I am totally game but its the early AM and I just want to chill, you know? So for like one of the rare times I make an excuse to close my eyes. Later into the ride I wake up a bit to figure out what is up, realizing it is cash only think 'shoot, I've a $5'. I tell the guy I have stop at the ATM to get change and the driver says, "Don't worry about it, everyone need a free ride once in a while... Happy New Years."

I got out of the car thinking, 'OK universe, I get it. Don't be so quick to judge.' I started my first day of work in a great mood and then go two customers at different time to practice my Spanish with. Which was a kick in itself. The day goes smoothly and I meet up with friends after work.

The next day starts off normally enough and then lunch came. I get in line behind this tall, blond guy from Switzerland. He is so confused what to order. Naturally I offer to help and we start to chat. He then proceeds to buy my lunch for me as a thanks for helping him with his. To which I cannot but help to save him from the annoyance of eating in the concourse and take him to the roof with me. I go back to work smiling and a bit of a pep in my step.

The rest of this week is already being spent with friends over good food and drink. It is so sweet, I mean I went out with Mr. K and had Indian food. Proceeded home to eat and drink and have Kara's. The next day to meet up with Ms. A and wander the city, eat then wander and have tea. Catching up was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment