Wednesday, December 22, 2010

THE Holiday Party 12.18.10

If you didn't know, Ms. R and I started talking about the holidays and wanting to do something together. All our events were family, work or something else that was a restricted event. Meaning we couldn't let loose and have fun. This bugging us made us decide to do our OWN party.

Realizing we couldn't do it alone we asked our friend to invite their and even a few to help us organize it. OMG thank goodness we did and WOW did Ms. A pull through. She asked a friend of her's and got us Mr. Smiths.


The venue was swank, it had three floors. The basement was ready for a party and dancing and the bar was crowded and with places to sit. Then upstairs had more seating and a chill out spot to get a little intimate! From the moment we got the place it was all about spreading the word.

Oh did we! There were a 100 YES RSVP's and about 125 MAYBE's on FB. Even with the weather trying to rain us out we had a ton of people and they just kept showing up. So Ms. A and I got there early, and all dolled out.
To our surprise we found a brandy tasting going on and thought it was a nice addition. Soon after Mr. A and Ms. A walked in. They both ran down stairs to get some dancing in before the floor got crowded. While I waited to greet people who came.

People just keep pouring in!


The party is off and so am I thanks to a taami berry, my secret weapon to help me drink. I am sure you remember me telling you how it makes things sweet, it does and I love it. I check my bag and jacket and then am off fluttering around the party. My girls trickle in and so do my boys.

I feel so blessed to have friends that I haven't seen in months come out. Heck one of my girls who disappeared of the face of the planet my twin another Ms.N showed up! The night is filled with drinks and dancing... even more flirting!The phrase " You don't know what you do to me" was getting thrown around. I guess the dress was more deadly than I thought!

It was a funny night that involved me getting picked up twice! Once was to help me get around the crowd by a complete stranger the other was by our own camera man who's pics I am waiting on. Me wanting pics? Weird I know!

The party was just one big blur of happy moments. Bouncing around from friend to friend trying to talk to them all. Hearing my name called and following it. Always searching and being sought.

A truly successful party that just rocked. Everyone is grabbing each other a drink and I some how went from none to two. I am so happy that everyone was able to make it out. Plus got to cross off the big party from my list.. I am sure their will be many more, this must be repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment