Friday, March 5, 2010

Frozen SF was a SUCCESS

Oh My God! This was crazy, and ended up being huge! Thank you for coming out to my event and/or spreading the word about it even it you didn't come. This event spread far because of you and the uses of social media. It reached: SF Arts Commission, SFPD (who monitored it to keep us frozen safe! TNX!) and Free Range Media (LA) who is including it in a segment of their show. I want to send a special thanks to my Mom (WHO ATTENDED!) and my friend Nate Payne, who supported my idea to do this all the way and is running for District 6 and might use this freeze in a campaign commercial. Please check him out: (http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=nate+payne&init=quick#!/profile.php?id=100000642726263&ref=search&sid=11507370.1984610500..1).

But back to the Freeze! This was an amazing turn out! Freezing for 5 is kinda hard! I was there with my friend S and we were talking about poses and than said when is it gonna ring as we lean back and BOOM the alarm rang.
Oh Shit we said as we realized we did not have any fun pose. Oh well holding a normal pose is hard enough! When I watch the video and looked at some of the photos I am like DAMN! It is great.. Like I am not one to ever promote smoking but check him out:
Look for him in the video and the reactions, it is GREAT. Or like this guy who is working on his bike: This event reached out really far, and there was a group of clowns who came to "punk" the frozen people. I saw them put someone in a huge picture frame, pretend to kiss their cheek, put a sign on them or hold it up to them and take a pic with them. I am not sure if this was them putting the hat on him, or his hat.
Truly there were some great poses, from the couple kissing to the parent holding the kid in the air (REALLY?!), and many more including a high five.
What is cool is if you remember in my previous email that Free Range Media was coming out. Well guess what someone got a picture of them filming the event.
In the end, the alarms worked pretty well but I would love a bit better feed back. Maybe having assigned "Time Announcers" on each level? Your feedback is very important. If you want to see the event...this is the first YouTube Video of it to come out:

Didn't work? Click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzW9yeLJFno#watch-main-area

Frozen @ Powell Station March 2010 by JMark Mendiola - Thank you!!! Find him at: (http://www.facebook.com/NatashaforLomaVistaFarm#!/JmarkSF415)

Check out this great video! It is from

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Natasha,I Found this Blog and I was wondering if you could send me an enlarged picture of the stairs at powell station that is shown above the video ," Frozen @ Powell Station March 4 2010". I'm in that picture!!! This was a really fun event and I hope there will be more soon!!! Thanks for this event, It was my first!

    ReplyDelete