Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Frozen SF has a wide reach

I created this event a while back and I had no idea it would reach to over 3,000 people. That fact alone blew my mind. Then I get contacted first in Facebook which naturally I am suspicious of but then after a bit of talking via IM's. I gave this guy Ben who is trying to contact me, my email and well I will just let you read.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Natasha,

My name is Benjamin Cohen and I'm a producer with Free Range Media, working on a new documentary series for Discovery's Planet Green network. Interestingly, the show has nothing to do with "going green." Instead, the show looks beyond sustainability to where we're headed as a society and a planet. The show brings viewers the stories of the most pioneering people in the country doing the most interesting, daring and incredible things.

I'm currently looking into topics to cover in the series and am very interested in Flash Mobs. I'd love to talk to you more about it and see if there might be something interesting there for the show.

If you're interested, please let me know the best way and time to reach you and I'll be in touch.

Best,

Benjamin
--
Benjamin H. Cohen
Associate Producer
Free Range Media, LLC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the email came with attachments and more info, to which I responded by calling him now that I was more sure of who he is. I know so suspicious but you have to be in the internet, you never know. So we exchange emails and then talk. End result is that he is going to send out a small camera crew to cover the event and interview me.

Wait, What?! Rewind. Yes I did say interview me. OMG! How did something that I randomly want to do get to be this big, that people from SoCal are coming up to cover it and talk to me about it? Wow... I thought having it reach out to 3,000 people blew my mind. This just floored me. It all started with posting this up on two sites.
1. http://improveverywhere.ning.com/group/sanfrancisco/forum/topics/freeze-8
2. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=339246568189#!/event.php?eid=232249449636&ref=ts

1 comment: