Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Experience Hendrix

Life is crazy, there is so much going on I am just flabbergasted. I have a lot of events and things to do, plus school work and responsibilities on that front. So you can only imagine how happy but stressed I am starting to get. I know what events but I promise I will create post about all the things happening on there. It just seems like everything snowballs at once and I am loving it but also becoming a bit stressed and spread too far. Yet when I got a call to see an amazing concert I couldn't say no.
Really who could pass up all these amazing musicians. I know that I cannot wait to go see contemporary music artists: Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Joe Satriani, Indigenous, Mike McCready tonight at the Warfield. It is going to be amazing and it was a last moment plan with my favorite man in the whole world.... My Dad!

Life is not on our side always, specially with it being tax season for my Dad. We had to figure out where to eat and were racing up and down Fillmore trying to find a nice place. We struck out with a place being too full, another closed and then finding a really good place. Had a delectable meal and were running a bit late so we missed out on a bit of the start of the concert. It was weird to see the Warfield with chairs everywhere and tables on the ground floor. So odd. As we are walking in a set is being finished and then he walks on.

Kenny Wayne Sheppard... Wow is all I can say I mean really. Just listen to the video above and he is wailing. What is more is the whole crowd is picking up on the beat and clapping with him. He is still just pure utter sheer guitar skills. I mean the clip cuts him off and he is still going! Blew my mind and was the reason we came to the show. My Dad and I are screaming so happy to have walked in just before his set came on.

Next is Los Lobos.. some serious old school rock. That is pure and lets face it you hear it you know the words and are singing along or at least your body is going. We all know the song and that line..."Cause she's walking through the crowd" gets us every time. The song speaks to the soal and the concert settles down and lets the music sink into our souls. If you doubt that they are serious guitarist then please click below.

Just listen to that pure playing, it is amazing and he is breaking it down for a full 20 seconds. I mean truly wailing and ripping on the guitar. It is such a clash to the calm, soul stirring song it followed... One after another I am watching these incredible artist pay homage to Jimmy Hendrix and play their hearts out. It is surreal.

We stay longer but leave a bit before the concert was over as we both had long day's ahead of us. But both happy no elated and just in awe of the sheer talent that was in the Warfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment