Friday, December 21, 2012

Zorbing!

Zorbing was not on my list of things to do but should have been. I saw a video of it years ago and thought wow that looks fun. Naturally when I stumbled upon it, I had to try it and lucky for me I got the original company!
  
Naturally you have options on the course, I choose to go straight down and windy. They stamp you so the rest of the crew can easily tell what you want to do. Then you change into your suit and get ready.
The "Zorb" is a giant bubble within a bubble, honestly looks a bit like a hampster ball except for humans. You are of course sealed in but there hole is for easy entry and exit by diving in and sliding out. 
Naturally you have to drive the giant bubble up the hill so you can roll down it. They encourage you to try to run with the ball as long as you can; really you cannot, so don't bother to try. Once the ball is going, you are flying.
 Then I was driven up for the next ride, which is suppose to be more crazy. The first one was a blast, so I am excited for the second.
 Paused for a picture with the amazing view before I dived into the bubble for my second ride.
 Unlike the first course which was straight down, this one is windy with curves and really throws you around. Luckily you are in a big cushy bubble that is filled with a bit of water and it simulates a water slide.

Check out the video below. It was serious fun, hard to keep a hold of the camera or even the direction you are flying in.
If you are ever in New Zealand, Rotorua specifically this is makes for a great event, and fun day trip. It is the only place in the world that has the Zorb.

No comments:

Post a Comment