Monday, December 3, 2012

NYE 2012/13 in Sydney

 
I have been planning my trip to New Zealand and Australia, decided that NYE should be in Sydney. That was the easy part! Afterwards I have tried to figure out what to do and looks like it I am flying solo. Which put another twist, how do I want to spend NYE alone? I will be hanging with my good friend Ms.V the days before and most likely not making great friends in the Hostel. Leaving to wonder, what to do?

Not wanting to be alone at least with out good tunes I started to look for a party and feel like I am doing it in the blind. I keep researching and checking out places to go, parties to see... Sydney has so much going on! Their are like 6 firework shows the most prominent being over Darling Harbor and a ton of boats all light up; reminding me of Burning Man's Playa! I did not want to be stuck on a boat, in case I did not like or find anyone to be friends with. Knowing I would be on my own, I have been researching and cannot seem to make up my mind. Thus blogging to help work through the processes.

1. Jackson on the George: Aimed to be an imitation Full Moon Party from Thailand, the VIP ticket includes pass-out to the Circular Quay Fireworks - which seems like one of the best viewing spots. The VIP also included open bar with beer, wine or soda... but I am good with the wine and some light snacks from 6-8pm! The music is pretty mix and the venue is well known holds 1000 people with 4 floors.

2. Harbour Party: On The harbor and will have great views of the main firework show, plus unlimited carnival rides. There is a bar but the VIP only gets you a comp drink or two not open bar and VIP tickets are pretty pricey $250 + but come with exclusive waterfront viewing. I am hesitant about this, not sure if carnival rides and drinking is a great idea or if I want that.

3. Shore Thing: On Bondi Beach, a huge party.. probably one of the most famous for Sydney. They have great major name artists every year and this year is no different. With The Chemical Brothers, Knife Party and Fredde Le Grande as the main draw. It seems massive. They have of course their own firework show and it is a party on a beach, which really is a Full Moon Party. This would be higher on the list if it were not so expensive and seeming so crowded.

4.  Retro Party: A "Fire and Ice" themed, boast of a good firework viewing of Darling Harbour and the city - note it is similar to #5. The VIP has access to the roof top, snacks, open bar with beer, vodka and soda till midnight. This could be a free party but when is free there is no roof top access or firework view. Note the free aspect could make it kind of crappy and extremely crowded.

5. Hedkandi Party: Has a few levels of tickets, boast of over 14 artist on two levels and harbourside to see the fireworks. It is "White Party" theme which could be fun. Tries to be an oasis and has an outside area. The VIP packages vary with a side area, snacks and access to the bar.


I am starting to lean towards #1 but it is very hard for me to choose... so many good options! Any opinions? I would love to hear them and yes I do now have to worry about a budget (GRR!).

No comments:

Post a Comment