Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Focusing my energy

When I was in Thailand I started learning about Buddhism, really identifying with what they were saying or more I was reading. Before I knew it I was in the Wat and the monk was tying a string on me wishing me luck. This is common practice to tie a string around a persons wrist to help ground them or more their soul to their bodies and for them to be careful while traveling.
So when my sweetie gave me a present with a multicolored string. It brought me back to my trips and before I knew it I was putting it on. Finding it comforting and reminding me of a when I traveled, I found it reviving my spirit. Re-energized I kick myself back into my goals.



 
Yet it is the multicolor that kept getting me. I found myself wanting each color to represent something. Red was easy, love of course. Green is for my career. Yellow was happy and became a way to focus on positive thoughts. Blue of course is calm, keeping grounded and finding balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment