Friday, August 26, 2011

Burnifing the bike

I learned last year that a bike is seriously needed in this dust bowl city I'm going to. When I mentioned needing to hunt for a cheap throw away bike, my hunny offered me the one he found ages ago.

He had already brought it over and a glue gun and sticks, these will end up becoming the best most handy thing EVER! A bit later we set out to decorate it. How? My first idea was neon puff balls but didn't know where the store I saw them was. So I thought about caution tape, not very Burner. Then about a garden bike. You know with leaves, flowers and such? Talking to my Mom, Mr. A heard the store I was looking and took me straight there!

Went to Jo Ann's and got the neon puff balls that were my original idea. Then once home the project was about to start! We started gluing these puff balls all over the bike. I turned the reins over to Mr.A because he seemed to really kinda get into it. Sweet! There is hope to get him into Burning Man yet, maybe. Then it is just putting them everywhere! I mean every corner and nook and cranny I can find I am putting them on. From the frame, to the top and even the handle bars!


Then when there are no more puff balls to use, I put extra padding in my seat. Yup I am making it comfy since I do not like riding bikes and have not since last Burn I might as well try to make it better. I put cushion on the seat and the handle bars. This bike is rocking hard core and is so sick you will not believe.

Sadly I do not think the butterfly lights will work, kinda sure they were broken while putting them on. Oh well as casualty to the bike. I kept going since I knew I had no love of bike riding, I made sure to pad the seat! Yes I but extra cushion on and even made sure to match colors. Since I was on a roll, I did the handle bars too... this bike might be so comfy I will wanna ride it all the time. Hell, it looks cool enough too. Playa beware! We are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment