Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cheating the garden

I am really proud of myself for how good a job I have done with my garden. So many have survived its amazing. I can even harvest it a bit!! Who would have thought? Not I truly. Yet other about half did not survive. I had 5 spots out of 12 needing to be supplemented.

So I thought I would just buy it. Really, do I need to harvest them from seed? I mean shoot. That was so confusing and hard to do! This way they all already have roots and are ready for the garden. I stopped at a store, a hardware store even though I had tried Home Depot. I walked home happily thinking about fresh salads.

So when I got home, I was really good and right away organized them into the currant pots I have. I figured out how I would place them. It was kinda a little math problem how many could go in each spot. What to do where. I even bought another chive since I had so few of my own.

Then it was about planting them and getting them waters so they would be happy. I gotta say a bit of cheating aka not growing them from seed is a BIG help!

No comments:

Post a Comment