Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scavanger Hunt

My friends invited and kinda dragged me to this event. I am not a big competition person cause once I get in them I really do. Figures that everyone in my group doesn't know SF so let's hope that at least they are great with their Smart Phone cause we will need them. I mean really these questions are bewildering. Who the heck knows this?
Did I mention running is really not my favorite thing? Yet neither is being last, thus we race around the city stopping in order at the statues. Yet we do have to figure out their order first! Oye.
Which of course sends us around the whole park, ugh! I mean this is the first stop and we are getting a work out. It doesn't help that we all have to be in the picture.
Not sure why this was a stop, plus we ended up eating to go the subway across the street but hey they said to stop here. Hmm. Filler maybe?
After bowling we got one of the bonus q's done. It was really easy. Why people doubt me I don't know but not hard to get people from a Moscone conference to join in SF fun.
Now this is a random but so well deserved stop on the check point. I seriously love them for having us stop in here. While I am getting sick of this figuring out and running around I do not mind having to riddle dessert out.
Being in SF is famous for being 7 by 7 miles, as well as where gold is struck niners. Hence our football team is called the 49ers. A easy way to earn points, time whatever was have your picture taken with 49s.
We needed a fortune cookie, a person who spoke a different language and something written in another language. This was easy stop and even a fun one in China town. The sun was starting to come out, the atmosphere is completely different.
49's start to appear everywhere. It is easy to find places to stop and get our picture taken with one of these numbers.
Another 49! Yes and who cares if its fruits or an apartment. Ok I would have really loved it to have been the 49 bus. I kept my eyes peeled but we were not on their route.
Ms. J " I just can't run not in flip-flops" and she is right she can't. Leading me to say, "What want me to carry you?!" Naturally the answer was yes, and I ended up carrying her for a bit. This was with the understanding that the boys could keep up with me. Do you think they did? No not really. Here I am with a whole other human being piggy back, and I am not talking a toddler.
North Beach, the International Sport Club, where lefts face it we grabbed the drink. It was nice to hang out with other contestants out for fun. Plus we needed a rest break cause while I might be driving this mish mesh group my girl is down.
After our break we start adding in some of the other parts of the request the hunt had which were images of the Golden Gate Bridge. In this picture we have two!
Thankfully many people along the way helped us out in solve the clues or finding where they were. The silver man was one of the more interesting characters we ran into.
I finally was able to break through Ms. J think scull that she need to buy shoes. It took the shoe breaking to do this but hey, message received right? Lucky for us we found a "49" thus allowing us to make this a fun useful stop too.
Janis Joplin was the answer to one of the questions that took us to my dreaded Fisherman's Wharf. I really hate this place. It is like an instant sour mood settling on me. Doesn't matter that the sun is poking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment