Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fear Vs Love

"It is better to be feared than to be loved" Machiavelli said. Well isn't that a load of BULL! It is way better to be loved than feared. I am guessing he never had to sell anything to even an idea. Wonder what that is like.

When your nice, people want to be nice back. Karma is a real thing and it comes back to you. When you put the good and positive out then it comes back, yes some will use it but you have to filter them out. Love makes people do amazing things for the ones they care about, they are more willing to give up to work harder for you. It makes them WANT to do it, do you think fear can make people WANT to do anything?

If you love your job and do it well it will show, I guess it did in my case. One of my clients somewhat fell in love with me and gave me her card telling me to call her for a tasting/tour. She works for a winary! So I connect and a month later asked if I could. To which she responded overjoyed, telling me to bring 6-10 friends that we would get a VIP Tour and Tasting. Later in the week she emails me asking for my guest names, so she can make personalized tasting mats. I am just floored.

So let me tell you a little bit about where she works, it is Artesa Vineyards & Winery

Artesa Winery is a study in the harmony of natural and man made spaces. Designed by renowned Barcelona architect Domingo Triay and built in the early 1990's, the avant-garde structure was conceived to blend seamlessly with the surrounding landscape.

The naturally insulated winery is set into the highest hill of its 350-acre estate, with a protective covering of reserved earth and native grasses. A sweeping staircase set between twin cascades of water and fountains leads to the winery entrance. An expansive terrace offers 360 degree vistas of the surrounding countryside, and on clear days, a view of the San Francisco skyline.

The point, be good to other and what you do... it will come back. I will let you know how the tour and tasting goes this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Have always fallen in love with abusive heroines instead of nice heroines for some reason.

    ReplyDelete