Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2012 Year Review - Accomplishments

A lot happened in 2013, I moved in with my boyfriend Mr.A in the start of March and then started a job that April. The move has been and still is a big adjustment, one I am trying to get used to. I am becoming healthier and succeeded in improving many habits including eating better. I have learned I have the will power to say no but once it is in the house... not so much. When I had a job, (have to look again) I was managing the work/life balance well but it always needs improvement. Though I need a good bit more work on being organized. Let's see how I did this year on my 25 things...

1. Learn Photoshop - It will help professionally and I have started to learn and play with it more. I just need to get better.
2. 1st AID CPR course - To help save someones life maybe.
Had a great successful class and the dumb below even survived. 
3. My retirement plan -Something for when I am old an unwilling to work.
Started it, will keep adding to it and happy I am being responsible financially.
4. Create a scrapbook memory album - I have organized but really need to do it! Next year...
5. Bungee jumping seems lame after skydiving > Learn to drive stick - I have really started to get the hang of this while in New Zealand. At least I feel more comfortable and hope to continue to learn how to drive while at home with my hun and for him. 


6. Learn how to sew - To make small modifications and save money.
7. Expert the Wii Fit - I own it and should use it, right?
8. Swing - It is fun and burns up energy.
9. Opaque dinning - Why not try it?
10. Fly kites for real - Enjoying a simple childhood moment.
11. Play pool well - A game to enjoy for the rest of my life.
12. River rafting - For an exhilarating thrill.


It was a lot of fun to raft with good friends. I was lucky to do this in Queenstown, NZ. Blog to come soon.
13. Hot air balloon - To enjoy the sights from above with drinks, no loud engines or wind rushing by my ears.
 This was such a romantic and lovely way to end a weekend!

14. Fire dance - A beautiful art form mixed with fire.
15. Jet ski - Seems like fun.
16. Drive a convertible - Always wanted to, hopefully easier with my best friend owning one.
 
I technically did this but did not really get to drive more than 10 minuets and want a real drive.

17. Write a kid's book - Seems like an easy way to make an impact.
18. Cliff diving - I am a risk taker and well why not!
19. Make my own jewelry - It would be great to wear something I made.Made a great pair of earrings I cannot wait to wear!

20. Make sushi - Because I like it and want to eat it more frequently.
21. Find my passion - Entering the work force and needing my direction.
22. Scuba - To explore the underworld
A rush to learn right before my trip down under, but very glad I did it!

23. Great beerier reef - One of the greatest dives in the world - planned 1/5-8/13
24. New Zealand - To visit friends and explore.
25. Australia - To visit all the continents before I am 30.


A wonderful vacation which my parents helped me with (the flight to and fro), I got to see both these countries before the year ended.

I saw a meteor shower or at least one major one crashing into our atmosphere! This was on my list but not on this  years... so bonus!

Random one: Zorbing
This was not but should have been on my list and one of the most fun things I have done to date. To see click below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqk-O3s_KDY


This year I accomplished 8 things completely (technically 9 with zorbing) and to my satisfaction, have 4 in progress or working on and one planned for the first week of the New Year! Overall feeling a bit happy with myself, know I can do more but got quiet a lot done!

No comments:

Post a Comment