Friday, November 5, 2010

AASF: Giants World Champs... History being made


Oh to be in the city when the Giant's won the world series. Oh wait I was. Only wish I could have partaken more! The bit which I did get was fantastic. So let me tell you about it.

When we won, the city took to the streets. Everyone is out in black and orange screaming or honking their horns. It took twice as long on the bus and when I finally got home... if that's what you want to call it. I got as far as Fillmore to find Chestnut blocked off by people. The bus just stopped and everyone got off. There was no room to go, the whole street was filled. To see an example of this and what I am writing see the 2min video below.



The cops just helped reroute traffic and tried to free a muni bus or two. They only got two out of the five we had stuck in the street. People were crawling on top of the MUNI and dancing. This is all captured in the 2min video above. It was a crazy party!

Rushing home to change out of Bloomies clothes. I was in a dress, boots and a heavy purse. Sure you can figure out why I rushed. Yup I wanted to climb on top of the bus too! When I got back now in jeans no one was on top of it. =( I did get to drink and eat and dance in the street with tons of people. So that was fun. The mood was just amazing. I got to meet up with a few of my girls. We kept it an early low key night, it was just too crazy.

Wednesday morning, I got to catch a bit of the parade and watch as over a million people stomped through Market. Everything slowed down and everyone was late. Business were closing down to let people enjoy. Heck stores just shut down. In part because over a million people showed up from all around the bay area. Not all have the same loving mentality we do in SF.

In case you can't tell, you should be here... it was history in the making

No comments:

Post a Comment