Monday, April 8, 2013

RIP Michael H.

I meet Mike at first via email, with questions about my upcoming NYE party. He was looking for a reasonable party alternative and I was throwing one. By the time he got the the party, it we busy and I was crazy.
Once the party developed a good flow, we were able to connect and chat. After that we clicked and connected afterwards for dinners and to go to other events. Mike always lived life to the fullest and had some amazing occasion or event up his sleeve to go to. He would get behind a good cause or there when a friend needed him.

Mike was the most generous, giving and warmhearted person I knew. So willing to pitch in, help and do what needed to be done for a friend or party. He just would open up his heart and house, letting people in and creating bonds between strangers. 

By the time I found out he was sick, he was already having his 'I've gotten well "Kidney" party'. I was so happy to know he gotten well because I was just getting to know this fun loving, laid back, guy. Luckily, there we a bit more time for us to hang, go out and enjoy life; this is what Mike was best at... enjoying life. I have to thank him for the impromptu random events we would attend, that were 'guest listed' with comp food and bar... specifically the Ferrari one.

When I was struggling to find an event space to have my birthday, Mike generously offered and helped me host a fabulous party. One of the best nights I have had in SF and all thanks to being with a good friend.

Time passed and we hung out once more, but then before I knew it I heard the bad news that had passed away. Shock is all I felt and still do feel. I just cannot believe the world took away someone so young and who was well onto his second chance. The world has lost an amazing soul, a hard worker, with a heart of gold. RIP Michael H.

No comments:

Post a Comment