Thursday, March 7, 2013

Paper Re-Decorating

Maybe you have the redecorating bug, but you're not allowed to paint. So here's what you do, use paper. You are probably thinking what! I'm serious, you can do almost anything you'd want to paint or tile with paper. My dream was a kitchen back splash, my issue nothing permanent. I was able to create the look and you can too, keep reading to learn how.
In this picture you will see some of the project and little pieces looking like tiles cut off.  Since I decided to to do a back splash in another way, I went to the local art store and found a work around. Picked up the prettiest paper you've seen and start to make it happen. Since my idea is a backslash I had to imitate tiles I was dreaming of in my head.
I got different types of paper cut them into equal sized strips. I picked a range of blues to pull and compliment the blue accent wall and the gold and lighter brown to bring out the wood grains. Then I started to leave them together in a pattern pulling them tight. This created a place mat almost with some loose ends, which I cut to clean up the edges.  
Then it was about getting tape and some thumb tacks and sticking it to the wall, trying to mix and match some of the paper strips. It also helped to take off the electrical light plug box and put it back on, over the paper. 
This helped give the nice finish look, that from far one would never guess it was paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment